“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” – Yeah, same old proverb, but can very easily be related to business management problem that many businesses face today.
Persistent Sales Inc, a contact center with 30 seats had these series of issues:
- The company had planned its annual off-site meeting of agents with their families during the end of the month in Las Vegas, Nevada
- The company had failed to meet its sales target for the month. They were already into the third week and meeting next week meant losing that account if they failed to catch up to last month’s pitfalls.
- Agents were bored with monotonous work and off-site meet was company’s idea to break this monotony.
- The agents were really looking forward to this break at LA.
Steve, the account manager was restless and worried. He is certain that he needs to cancel the company off-site trip knowing that would not go down well with the agents. He decides to break the news to the agents post lunch.
Steve settles down for lunch and picks up a copy of the newspaper, flips around and hits upon an article on “Portable Devices” elaborating the way laptops, notebooks, mobile phones etc changed our life……and Bingo! He knows what needs to be done! The distributed dialer solution from 3clogic that his company incorporated a couple of months back was a solution to his business management problem!He thought to himself, “Would we be able to port our contact center to Las Vegas for one week?” After this internal deliberation, Steve proposed a deal to the agents:
- Every morning 9AM to 2PM, agents would have to make sales calls.
- 2. During the evenings they would enjoy Las Vegas.
“So what do we need to carry with us?” questioned one of the agents. Steve smirked at the agent and replied with “minimal equipment, one laptop per agent and a headset. Nothing more, nothing less!
The resort Bally’s, on the strip in Las Vegas where they proposed to stay, had Wi-Fi connections in all rooms. This was all that was required in order for Steve’s agents to get work done. The central hosted management portal was still able to administer lead management, live monitoring and reporting!
Steve ran the contact center from Las Vegas for a week, coupled with his team building exercises in the evening. Steve’s contact center business ended up making 32% more sales than any week they had in the previous year; far exceeding their target revenues.
On the last day of the week, Steve met his agents for dinner. He raised a toast with his bottle of beer … all he said was “Cheers!”
Persistent sales still successfully runs the account and yes Portable contact centers is not fiction! Distributed Dialers and Telephony Application Grid from 3clogic, makes this a cake walk!